Notes on my visit to SIS (http://www.sis.com.tw/) on Tuesday. Good discussions over afternoon meetings and dinner with CEO and Chairman.
- A chip design company has tried hard to find new directions in recent years.
- Designing consumer products: TV codecs, touch screen, touch pad, e-books
- Going for Android and Cloud Computing
- Would like to collaborate with universities
- Would like universities to train students in system software
Taiwan's industry is changing... both companies and students need a different thinking. How about teachers? It is probably harder for established professors to change their mindset.